Sunday, September 13, 2026

my Form Six, 我的中六

一切从我的马来文考得C7开始,
拿了SPM成绩,骑着摩托回家途中,停在交通灯前,我终于泪崩了,用手不停的擦眼泪。。

回到家,父母亲安慰的说可供我到私立大学或读双联课程,理工学院或到拉曼,最后我选择了读私立中六,到槟城私立韩江中学读,从此巴士,渡轮,再巴士成为我的交通工具。

第一年到韩江,真的很不习惯,第一次离乡,还好韩江就像联合国,都有收来自各地的学生,认识了来自吉打吉华住学校宿舍的离乡朋友们,我们也曾晚上一起夜游。。🤣

和我一起租学校附近住家房间的朋友中华,尽然有缘得我们两人都是同生日,当时的晚餐,我们为了省钱,常到店旁印裔三轮车档口买饭吃,香肠和清炒包菜常是我的晚餐。我们租房间的包租婆是一位80多岁的婆婆,记得有一次我要参加Penang Bridge Run, 我吩咐她买香蕉让我当早餐,但她竟然因为香蕉皮有点黑,不美而没买给我当跑步前的早餐,这可是让我吃得不足够饱,而跑到半路,从Penang Bridge 回程时就晕眩,手脚发冷,冒冷汗,所以我放弃了继续跑,以走路走回USM举办场地 😭。。这就是我人生中的笑话一则。😁

这首:爱情多瑙河,也可唤起我的美好记忆。。就回忆起当时正从韩江中学学校走路回家,听到有学校用广播,播放这首歌,也带我进入回忆走廊。。

1)周六周日 - 旁晚不间断的到Penang Free School 跑十二圈,也跑 Penang City Run..

2)晚餐到food court 吃喜爱的蒜米的罗面

3)不间断的补习和 k 书到半夜

4)放学常到图书馆看报纸,常看5-6份报纸,也常读科学读物和爱因斯坦的书籍。

5)1998年笼罩大马的烟霾,让外出的我伸手不见手掌,当时烟霾是如此的严重。

1997年尾July paper 成绩出炉,我还是拿了个C7, 注定要在韩江读完第二年的中六。。

我也感觉,精彩的还是在第二年,有我的好友Alvin 和国祥,让我在异乡不觉得孤独,国祥曾到我太平的家一起晚餐,也尝到我母亲烹煮的炸虾和佳肴。。🫡

Alvin Loke 更是尽地主之意,在这段期间帮了我许多,多年以后,后来的Alvin 也成为一间学校的伟大校长,但不幸的因病逝世了,真是天妒英才!

在补习PA时,补习老师安排我们上激励课程,由Dato Lawrence Chan激发我们的信心,让我们勇于面对STPM 考试。那时的我,有很好的同学们,驾车载我去补习,真的很感激。

感激我第二年的室友,和化学老师约我到1998年星云大师的法会,真的感激不尽,那次也是我和星云大师的最近距离,这缘份,真的是千金难买的感应,和非常珍贵的活动。

第二年,学校也举办足球赛,不懂足球规则的我,竟然搞笑的成为裁判,乱乱吹pi pi, 球员犯不犯规我都不懂,真的闹了天大笑话。第二年,我也比较开朗,参加了学校很多的活动,若毕业晚宴,还和我的化学老师跳了一只舞。

只不过是短暂的两年中六时间,这当中让我有很美好的回忆,尤其是有当地的同学们,离乡到此的同学们,韩江可敬的校长和老师们,真的应征了:‘’每一位出现在你人生的人物,都是来度你,帮你,启发你的‘’,这真的很感恩,我对所有人的心情是非笔墨能形容,万般的感谢和感激。

总而来说,面对人生的大问题时,别瞎想成是世界末日,要顶得住气,冷静的面对和勇于挨过,很大可能你以为的问题,不是真正的问题,而且过后还可能让我们有所丰收,满载而归。

在此感谢所有我中六遇见的每一位特别人物,祝大家都平安喜乐。。感恩 🙏♥️

It all started when I got a C7 in my Malay exam. After receiving my SPM results, I was riding my motorcycle home when I stopped at a traffic light and finally broke down in tears, wiping them away uncontrollably.

Back home, my parents comforted me, saying they could offer me a private university or a twinning program, a polytechnic, or Tunku Abdul Rahman University College. Ultimately, I chose to attend Han Chiang High School in Penang, a private Form Six program. From then on, buses, ferries, and more buses became my mode of transportation.

My first year at Han Chiang was really difficult. It was my first time away from home. Thankfully, Han Chiang was like a United Nations, accepting students from all over the world. I met friends from Kedah's Keat Hua Secondary School who lived in the school dormitory. We even went for night walks together... 🤣

My friend Chung Hwa, who shared a room with me near the school, was also born on the same birthday. To save money, we often bought dinner from an Indian trishaw stall next to the shop. Sausage and stir-fried cabbage were common for my meals.  

Our landlady, an 80-year-old woman, was my landlady. I remember once I was going to participate in the Penang Bridge Run, and I asked her to buy me bananas for breakfast. But she didn't buy them for me because the peels were a bit dark and unappetizing. This meant my breakfast I wasn't full, and halfway through the run, on the way back from Penang Bridge, I felt dizzy, my hands and feet were cold, and I was sweating profusely. So I gave up and walked back to the USM venue 😭. That's one of the funny things that happened to me. 😁

This song, "Love of the Danube," also evokes fond memories. I recall walking home from Han Chiang High School when I heard the school broadcasting this song, which took me back to a whole new world.

 1) On Saturdays and Sundays, I ran twelve laps at Penang Free School every evening, and also ran the Penang City Run.

2) For dinner, I ate my favorite garlic noodles at the food court.

3) I studied and crammed until midnight every night.

4) After school, I often went to the library to read newspapers, usually 5-6 newspapers, and also frequently read science books and books by Einstein.

5) In 1998, the haze that blanketed Malaysia made it impossible to see my hand when I went out; the haze was so severe at the time.

At the end of 1997, my July paper results came out, and I still got a C7, meaning I was destined to finish Form Six at Han Chiang High School for the second year.

I also feel that the most exciting part was the second year. Having my good friends Alvin and Guoxiang made me feel less lonely in a foreign land. Guoxiang once came to my home in Taiping for dinner, and I tasted my mother's fried shrimp and other delicacies. 🫡

Alvin Loke was incredibly hospitable, helping me immensely during this period. Years later, Alvin himself became a great school principal, but sadly passed away due to illness—a truly tragic loss!

While tutoring for PA course, the tutor arranged motivational sessions for us, with Dato Lawrence Chan inspiring our confidence and empowering us to face the STPM exams. At that time, I had wonderful classmates who drove me to tutoring sessions; I'm truly grateful.

I'm also incredibly grateful to my roommate from the second year, who arranged for me to attend Master Hsing Yun's Dharma assembly in 1998 with my chemistry teacher. That was my closest encounter with Master Hsing Yun; it was a priceless connection and a truly precious experience.

The following year, the school held a football match. Completely ignorant of the rules, I hilariously became the referee, whistling randomly and not understanding whether the players were committing fouls—a truly laughable blunder! The following year, I was more outgoing and participated in many school activities. At the graduation banquet, I even danced with my chemistry teacher.

It was only a short two years in Form Six, but it gave me many wonderful memories, especially with my local classmates, classmates who had left their hometowns to come here, and the admirable principal and teachers of Han Chiang High School. It truly embodies the saying: "Every person who appears in your life is there to guide you, help you, and inspire you." I am truly grateful, and my feelings for everyone are beyond words—a thousand thanks and gratitude.

In short, when facing major life challenges, don't imagine it's the end of the world. Be resilient, calmly face the situation, and bravely persevere. It's very likely that what you perceive as a problem isn't the real problem, and you might even reap rewards and return home with a sense of accomplishment.

Thank you to everyone I met in Form Six, and I wish everyone peace and joy. Thank you 🙏♥️